Thursday, July 11, 2013

Blush welcomes Shawn Smith!


    I am extremely excited to introduce the newest addition to the Blush Team. 

SHAWN SMITH

 Photo Credit: Studio Matthewes
   I met Shawn several years ago while working for Bobbi Brown. I always knew that Shawn carried a special spark and passion for beauty and working in the makeup industry.  Shawn worked for MAC Cosmetics & I always loved sneaking over and watching him work, trying to get some tips!  I began freelancing for MAC after leaving Bobbi Brown, and had the pleasure of working with Shawn at the counter where I was convinced that he was a gem! 


 What got you into makeup? 
 I am an artist at heart. From kindergarten through college and beyond, Art has been my constant companion. Having been a professional graphic designer for over 15 years, it seemed only natural for me to naturally progress into makeup artistry. It's all about beauty, whether on a computer, a canvas or a human face, my joy is bringing it to the forefront and making it shine.

 Why do you love to work with brides? 
 On the special day, excitement is in the air, nerves are sometimes shaky and there's always a last minute checklist to go over. I like to think that I bring not only my A-game as an artist, but also a sense of calmness and relaxation. Real love is rare, precious and unfortunately doesn't happen for everyone, but for the people that do, nothing compares. 

Why did you say YES to Blush? 
 There's a quote that I'm fond of that says, "No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is". This is the feeling I initially got, and continue to get from Wendy Ballance and Blush. I absolutely love humility in people, it shows great strength of character, and definitely something I wanted to align myself with. It's not just a gig with Blush, it's a way of life. 
Photo Credit: Studio Matthewes
What is your background in the beauty industry?
 I've been in the industry since 2005. I was fortunate enough to gain an artist position with MAC Cosmetics  and with some of the most talented people on this planet. I began working as a freelancer (weddings, special events, classes) in 2008 and have never looked back.    

 What is your favorite part of the wedding day when working with brides?
 When the bride-to-be is sitting in my chair, and I begin the transformation. She knows this is the first day of the rest of her life, and I feel extremely honored to be one of the few that she's entrusted to bring it all together and make memorable. I am not ashamed to say, I love love!

Photo Credit: Studio Matthewes

A few words of love from Jocelyn Matthewes...

"Shawn was a timely and enthusiastic participant in my shoot. His work--color choices, skin smoothing, and catching on to other elements of my theme--made my job that much easier, and really tuned in to what we were doing. I had a wonderful experience with him!" 

From Wendy...

I want to thank everyone for their continues support for Blush! I am blessed by each of you & can't thank you enough! 

No comments: